From: Fajar Priyanto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 10:54 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] pop3 over vpn

On Friday 23 December 2005 09:43 am, Riezal Ross wrote:
> Fajar, were you able to connect to Yahoo? I suspect that it is
> dropping your packets. I doubt it is a DNS problem as your
> proxy/firewall output seems to resolve the hostname to IP without any
> problem. In the case that your packets are being dropped by the
> firewall, it might be because you have restricted outgoing access. You

> might need to open up some ports for outgoing connections.
>
> Regards,
>
> Riezal Ross

Riezal,
Could be. Right now the default policy of the firewall on local zone to
net
zone is drop. So, I open the needed ports including web, pop3, smtp, and
tcp
5050 (ym). I might need to change the default policy for testing.

I have asked this question too in the shorewall list, nothing come up
yet.
http://linux2.arinet.org
09:53:42 up 1:49, 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4 GNU/Linux