George wrote:

Situation:
I've been installing a clean copy of QT on a FC2 box. It's never had mail on it previously and I want to temporarily move my primary mail server to it. In doing this I want to run the latest copies of the applications I use. What's been done: It currently has apache 2.0.55, mysql 5.0.16 and php 5.1.1.6 and installed via custom made rpms. Yesterday I installed all the rpms for QT and imported the vpopmail db from another server along with the user directories and control files. The server shows to be up and running. I can manually run the qmail scripts to add a domain without a problem. The problem: Going to the admin website allows me to log in, but the only complete section is the credits (no admin functionality). I'll admit to being tired at this point because php5's rpm was tough and I know i must be missing something easy.... permissions on particular directories?

Can't say for sure, but I had some other applications I use (PHP) on another server (no QMail on it) that had all kinds of problems when I upgraded from PHP4 to PHP5. Seems a lot of the functions have changed behavior, and are not backward compatible. Wish I could give you a better answer, but after spending weeks fixing things to work on PHP5 for the applications I use, I don't even want to begin tackling a QMail migration to it.