Thanks for your help everyone, my toaster is cooking nicely.  :-)

I have a couple of questions before I go quiet for a little while and
study a bit more:

When I came to the part of the instructions that described setting up a
certificate I couldn't find the directory referred to.  (I am working with
Fedora Core 4 rather than Centos, would that make a difference?)

Are there any tools that would help me import mail from my Exchange
Server?  I don't have too many mailboxes so could easily start with a .pst
file from Exchange.

Once again,

Many thanks for the good advice and suggestions.  I have enjoyed getting
this far tremendously and this is in no small part due to the friendliness
of this group.

Happy New Year.

Mark.