Thank you, I will try that. Will the same instructions work for users connecting to regular smtp if I want it to run on port 464?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Espinoza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:32 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Running qmail smtp on multiple ports

1) First stop qmail: "service qmail stop"

2) Now run this command: "mkdir -p /var/qmail/supervise/smtp-ssl/supervise  /var/qmail/supervise/smtp-ssl/log/supervise"

3) Create a file called "/var/qmail/supervise/smtp-ssl/run" with the following contents
#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u vpopmail`
NOFILESGID=`id -g vpopmail`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
BLACKLIST=`cat /var/qmail/control/blacklists`
SMTPD="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd"
TCP_CDB="/etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp.cdb"
RBLSMTPD="/usr/bin/rblsmtpd"
HOSTNAME=`hostname`
VCHKPW="/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw"
SMTPS=1
export SMTPS

exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 12000000 \
    /usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l $HOSTNAME -x $TCP_CDB -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
    -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 465 \
    $RBLSMTPD $BLACKLIST $SMTPD $VCHKPW /bin/true 2>&1

4) Create a file called "/var/qmail/supervise/smtp-ssl/log/run" with the following contents
#!/bin/sh
LOGSIZE=`cat /var/qmail/control/logsize`
LOGCOUNT=`cat /var/qmail/control/logcount`
exec /usr/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/bin/multilog t s$LOGSIZE n$LOGCOUNT /var/log/qmail/smtp-ssl 2>&1

5) Execute the following command: "chmod +x /var/qmail/supervise/smtp-ssl/run /var/qmail/supervise/smtp-ssl/log/run && chown -R qmaill:qmail /var/qmail/supervise/smtp-ssl "

6) Restart qmail: "service qmail start"

7) Open port tcp/465 in firewall if necessary. Now have the client that cannot connect to port 25 on your machine to set his mail client to use smtp-ssl via port 465.

Thanks,
Erik

On 2/15/06, Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I mean that the isp of the user connecting to my server is
blocking port 25 to my server.

> Not sure what you mean. Could you clarify?
>
> Do you mean your isp is blocking incoming smtp, where you can't
> connect to port 25 from outside of your network? (Answer, run smtp on
> a different port)
>
> Do you mean your isp is blocking outgoing smtp, where your mail server
> can't connect to other mail servers on port 25? (Answer, set an smtp
> route through your isp's mail server)
>
> Do you mean that the isp of the user connecting to your server is
> blocking port 25 to your server? (Answer, run smtp on a different port
> and configure client to use alternate port)
>
> More information will be necessary to give you details for this
problem.

> Thanks,
> Erik
>

> On 2/15/06, Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > My isp is blocking port 25 so I can not send mail through my mail
> > server. I was thinking that it should be possible to run
qmailtoaster
> > on port 25 and port 595 at the same time.
> >
> > Anyone can show me how to do that with qmailtoaster setup on Centos
> > 4.2. Will it work with regular smtp or with smtpssl as well?
> >
> > Thank you

[EMAIL PROTECTED]