Hello List:

Just installed my first qmailtoaster. Loved the install..now to operations ;-)

1. I just assumed that the scripts added the default system mail users/aliases like root, postmaster etc. but it does not seem so. My toaster is working but I am not getting any system mail to root etc. Also, root with no domain name also does not reach. What needs to be done? and how do I add it to the scripts, so that it gets done automagically on my next servers?

2. Ran freshclam and it said it needs to be updated...Basically means that the toaster rpms are a bit behind the normal rpms of clam & spamassasin...at least these two are available as binary? Why not use the binaries directly & update them routinely with yum? What changes does the toaster does to the sources of these that we don't use the normal binaries? How does one get the toaster install keep up with anti-virus & anti-spam because at least the virus is a dangerous issue with people using Windoze as workstation & Spam is the biggest botheration...rest all features can wait. Please advise so I can think of how do I maintain my mail-servers.

3. Can someone please point me to a list of patches that go into the qmailtoaster.com install, so that I can compare it with other  installs like qmailrocks.org and any other.

4. I have never created source rpms. Though I have installed programs from source. I want to move from installing from source to creating a source rpm. I like this approach of qmailtoaster with qmail, so I want to start helping add features that I want, after I learn how. What are the best resources, other than rpm how-to. Any step by step tutorial would be most welcome. If someone has documented the way qmailtoaster is built, I would like to have that so that I can build a toaster for djbdns, if one does not exist (if I can) and if one does exist...the URL please ;-)

With best regards.
Sanjay.