Stanley Robins wrote:
thanks jake and warren for your help, now i have a few other questions

1) i want to allow 220.220.220.220  and 45.45.45.45 this ip addresses to relay email from my email server, so when i  when i try to send email from these ip addresses i dont have to authenticate myself, i looked for replaying in archives but didnt find much help in it

2) i have modified the concurrncy limit to 2500, is this much fine ?? i mean it should not cause a problem like qmail crash etc..

3) how to do i enable sending *.exe and *.zip files ??
// i did this and it works fine.. thanks..

4) change the password of /admin-toaster/ i tried changing it from the main page but i am not able to do it..

5) how do i log outgoing messages like,, just the sender and receiver and not whole email ???

6) i am still doing some tests.. i hope to get some questions..
For number one, you'll want to add lines into your /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp like this:
220.220.220.200:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
45.45.45.45:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
And then run qmailctl cdb to rebuild the file.

Number 2... That's a little large. I would set it to something like 100 or 200 max. I've never tried to go higher, so I can't say if it will lock your system or not.
Number 3. In your /var/qmail/control/badmimetypes, comment out everything, and do the same in your /var/qmail/control/badloadertypes, and then run these commands:
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-badmimetypes
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-badloadertypes
And it will no longer block any files at all. I know the ZIP one is in there, and people get false positives with the MyDoom entry. I'm not sure which one will control the EXE files. If you want to do the work, comment out one type, rebuild the cdb (/var/qmail/bin/qmail-badmimetypes or badloadertypes) and then try and send the EXE file. Outlook (and Outlook Express) block EXE files unless you modify the registry.
Number 4. Bug in the current release. Go to /usr/share/toaster/include and modify the admin.pass file. Then run this:
htpasswd admin admin.htpasswd
and it will ask you for the new password (twice). It will be changed after that.
Number 5. The messages are logged in your /var/log/qmail/send and /var/log/qmail/smtp files. The weird looking filenames are the archives of those logs. If you do a dir listing like this:
ls | tai64nlocal
It will give you a better idea of what days/times the logs were. The current ones are in the 'current' log, and can be read by humans like this:
cat current | tai64nlocal
That will convert the times that QM uses to human-readable format.

That should be a good start. Let us know if you have any further questions.