That might be the cause of the problem. The whole qmail infrastructure
is not /etc/hosts aware. This means that it must return dns names,
even if the IP address used is an internal address.

For example: server is 192.168.1.100 w/ ports mapped to external ip
address that resolves to mail.mydomain.com. My fqdn must reply with
the mail.mydomain.com for things to work properly.

Thanks,
Erik