Steve Huff wrote:
> 1) am i correct in my understanding that Qmail-Toaster 1.2 doesn't
> include a dspam RPM?  if so, has anyone had any luck with finding one
> that works, or do i need to build my own?

I don't know of any rpm for dspam.  I thought about doing one but
haven't had any spare time for it.

> 2) i found instructions for setting up dspam with qmail and vpopmail
> using the mysql backend
> (http://www.wimble.info/articles/dspam-qmail-vpopmail.php).  did you use
> a similar procedure, or did you do something different?

I did it all from scratch.  I installed my toaster and then just added
the extra bits I needed.

> 3) did you get the dspam web interface working (to enable users to set
> preferences, access their quarantine, and classify spam by hand)?  did

I don't bother with the Web GUI.  I use my custom scripts and IMAP
folders for training.  Read thru my link and you should get an idea on
how I have it setup.

> sorry to ask before trying it myself, but i don't currently have access
> to a test system, and i'd rather be sure before hacking around with my
> production server.

Give VMware a try.  I use their free server and player to create and
destroy setups all the time...:)
--
Lee R. Copp
Project Engineer (EE/ME)