Operations wrote:

Hi all -
I was browsing through the archives for somehting on this, maybe someon knows off
of the top of their head... (fingers crossed).  Here is the problem:

1) Qmail is receiving email, but not delivering.

Here is what caused the problem:

I in-advertantly deleted the /var/qmail directory, so all that was working is not,
had to re-create.
This is what I have done so far:

1) recreated the 'assign' file.
2) recreated the 'locals' file.
3) recreated the 'rcpthost' file.

Pop is working, I can log into it just fine. It appears qmail-send is not authenticating
properly.  I get the following errors:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at daffy.frontierbroadband.com.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: <- this is a real email address, couldn't resist a twist on it...

vuserinfo returns appropriate data.

This seems to be just related to the distribution only...

Sorry - disregard the following, 2.5 hours sleep doesn't do much for your thought
process...

Other information:

Noticed when I login 'telnet xxx.yyy.com 25' I DO NOTget the following info:
250-STARTTLS
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 0