I'm no expert with qmail or the toaster (yet).

That being said, go to http://www.nrg4u.com/ and have a look at the Big Picture. It's a nice diagram of how qmail works, but doesn't include the patches and add-ons.

My understanding is that simscan (and thus clamav and spamassassin) run from the qmail-smtpd process. As such, only email from the outside world is scanned. It's done there so that unwanted email doesn't use resources by entering the mail server. The focus is on intercepting email at the point of receiving, not delivery.

As you see in the Big Picture, mail sent locally doesn't travel via qmail-smtp, it enters the queue via qmail-inject. If you want to scan mail from local users, you'll need to plug simcan into the qmail-inject process. I don't know how to do that, but I imagine it's possible, and shouldn't be too difficult.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Md Mooktakim Ahmed wrote:
I really don't understand why spam and clamav isn't run on email delivered
locally.
i don't think /etc/tcprules.d/tcp.smtp is the correct file to edit.
Whatever modifications i make it does nothing.

No one has any idea how to fix this?
I really can't believe that people are happy with this behaviour from qmail.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.