> Per Qvindesland wrote:
>> fustrating since QMT is really brilliant, would be cool if upgrades
>> also was just as smooth as the day to day running of qmt.
> agreed painless updating would be a *nice* additional feature and it is
> almost there...but i do not believe you will find a
> better/easier/securer solution without a lot of effort on your end.
> (configure sendmail?  not for me!)
>
> just consider update hiccups as the cost of admission to the
> party...that is what i do.  that is a small price to pay.  in the
> future, i will only do updates at off-peak times, like on the weekend
> from home...so, that if there is a problem, i have some time to solve it
> with no users crying over an hour of down time.
>
> qmt?  it's great!

I've been working on a new update/install script that will likely be
released next week. I'm out of town this week, and didn't want to release
it without being readily available to assist with any troubleshooting that
might be required.

The new script is very robust. It builds the binary rpms in a 'sandbox'
(chroot jail), so it doesn't impact a running environment, and down time
is minimized (<10 minutes on a P-II/266). Dependency problems can be
identified and resolved before any updates are applied. Additionally, in
theory, the upgraded sandbox (chroot jail) could be used to do testing
too, although that has yet to be proven.

Please be patient, and stay tuned...