I hear good things about greylisting, and I think it would be a nice
addition to the toaster's many nice features. Is there any reason why
adding that capability isn't a good idea?

There are a lot of issues with greylisting in general, many of them
explained here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting#Disadvantages

In addition, the QmailToaster is getting very complicated and a lot of
users are starting to have issues keeping up with all of the new
features Including one that causes troubleshooting to be incredibly
harder such as greylisting is a sure fire way to lose all of the
ground we have gained..

Does anyone know any greylisting software which would or wouldn't be a
good candidate for the toaster?

Not sure of any "good" candidates, but there are plenty of candidates.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=qmail+greylisting&btnG=Google+Search

Any special considerations?

Most qmail greylisting patches do not work properly in conjunction
with smtp-auth.

Thanks,
Erik