Hello,

Hopefully I'm posting this to the correct place.  We are using qmailtoaster
for our mail server
which is a Fedora Core 5 box.  I have installed qmail toasters, vpopmail,
simscan, spamassassin and clamav.

Our old servers use the Qmailrocks installation.  On those the
.qmail-default file was all that was needed for
default accounts.  On our new qmailtoaster setup, I need to create a
.qmail-username file for each user created,
otherwise the mail bouces or goes to the default catchall if configured.

This in itself isn't a problem, and I assume that this is correct behaviour.
Although I'm not certain on that.

The problem I've run into now, is that one of our domains has the format
[EMAIL PROTECTED] resulting
in a .qmail-firstname.surname.  This does not work, qmail seems to ignore
the file completely and sends the mail to the
default mailbox as if it were incorrectly addressed.  I again assume this is
down to the .surname portion of the qmail file.
The files are created and configured exactly as standard firstname files.

Have I done something wrong, is this a fault ?  I'm still reasonably new to
qmail, although I can move my way around it,
troubleshooting problems of this nature are something I'm not used to.

Any help that can be shed would be excellent.

If I've posted this incorrectly, please accept my apologies.

Regards