Hello,

I currently have a qmail toaster server setup internally that I’m going to migrate our company mail to. The domain setup on the new server is newdomain.com. Our existing email server is an external Cpanel server at webhost company. That domain is olddomain.com. I currently have a few users that are setup internally on the new qmail server. Those users are having all there mail forwarded from the external email server ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to the new internal qmail server (newdomain.com). Most emails are being properly forwarded but some important client mail is bouncing when the mail is forwarded from the old email server to the new email server. The following message is what the users are seeing when the mail is bounced back:

------------------------------------

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    (ultimately generated from [EMAIL PROTECTED])

    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT

TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

    host newmail.newdomain.com [72.*.*.*]: 550 See http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=mnutter%40netbank.com&ip=66.111.111.111&receiver=newmail.newdomain.com (#5.7.1)

That webpage states at the top:

newmail.newdomain.com rejected a message claiming to be from [EMAIL PROTECTED]

newmail.newdomain.com saw a message coming from the IP address 66.111.111.111 which is web10.******.com; the sender claimed to be [EMAIL PROTECTED].

However, bob.com has announced using SPF that it does not send mail out through 66.111.111.111. That is why the mail was rejected.

I don’t understand why this is happening for a select few domains. Any help is appreciated. If you need anymore information please let me know.

I am trying to learn more about SPF as I go.

Thanks