Steve,

thanks you for the explanation. I removed the entry from the tcp.smtp
file. however, my worry is, it wasin't blocking all mails before I updated
my spamassin's rules using the scrit I downloaded from the rules emporium
site.

I will read the man page from the url you sent and see how best to use it.

crispin.