Eric "Shubes" wrote:
Igor Smitran wrote:
I am using clean qmail. Planning to move everything to
qmail-toaster. I already asked one question about realrcptto patch
and now i have one more :)
For now i have real users on a server and they authenticate as
username/password. All virtual domains are just forwards to some real
username on my machine or on another domain.

If i move all real users to database is there a way to authenticate
them as username/password, not email/password? And for all virtual
domains to have email/password authentication?

I don't know for sure. If real users are separate domain from virtual
domain, I would think that it'd be possible.

So, let us say that i have domain.net and user abc. domain.net is
local Also i have domain2.net and user abc. domain2.net is virtual

if [EMAIL PROTECTED] wants to check his email he will send abc/password.
But, if user [EMAIL PROTECTED] wants to check his email he will send
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/password

Is there a way to accomplish this? I need this so that my real users
don't have to change their configs. They just continue to use samo
config like nothing changed. I don't have that much virtual domains
and i will be able to manage those by phone or email.

I hope i was clear with what i want. English language is giving me
hard time :)

That explains it pretty well. I'd be interested in something like
this too. Instead of having real users though, I'd like to have a
default virtual domain that is used when users fail to specify a
domain. Perhaps this is possible.

Thank you,
Igor

I've read documentation and found a solution:

--enable-default-domain=name Default domain name, default is null.
We recommend you run all your email as virtual domains. You can pick one domain to be the default. If you have just one domain set it with this option. The default domain name users can authenticate with just their user name, and don't need to use <user>%<virtualdomain>.
Sorry for spamming the list with no reason :(

Igor