How do I forward to a remote email address within a maildrop script? I notice the "to" command is only for local mail delivery via mail folders.

Jake Vickers wrote:
Matt Decker wrote:
When you setup forwards in Qmail every message is forwarded regardless of whether or not it's spam. I would like to save spam in a spam folder for forwards the same way I do it for normal local accounts using the mailfilter script provided with the QmailToaster.

So what I want to do is create normal accounts for the forwards instead of setting them up as forwards. Then either through the .qmail file or the mailfilter file, forward the message to a remote account (do not save locally) if the message is NOT spam. If it is spam it should be moved to the .Spam folder (the mailfilter script already does this part)

I tried adding &[EMAIL PROTECTED] to the end of the .qmail file for that account but that still sends all messages (spam & ham) to the remote email address.

Here's what I tried in the .qmail file:
| /var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/maildrop -A 'Content-Filter: maildrop-toaster' /etc/mail/mailfilter
&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

What else should I try? Is there a better approach to what I'm trying to accomplish?
You will probably need to write a maildrop script, which is what the mailfilter script is. That would allow you to process the message and send it to different places based upon specific criteria in the headers.