Vince Callaway wrote:
While in general I would agree with you, but not in this case.  Centos
works fine with the exception of spamassassin.  All the people that sent
me the lint outputs only one showed all the modules functioning.
Spamassassin is one of the key elements needed in the spam battle.

That is not the critical difference to exchange the security and stability of RHEL-derivate with the 'bleeding-edge' Fedora testbox. Each distro is good for the things it had been produced for. That is why all of the servers I handle use RHEL3/4 or CentOS3/4, while my home desktop has god Fedora6 installed. To get all the modules of SA working on CentOS, the only thing you have to do is to use CPAN to install some perl extensions (bad way), or to use DAG's repos to fetch RPM with relevant perl modules already compiled and ready for use. Even more, it was newer a big challenge to write a RPM SPEC file for any CPAN module source and compile module yourself.

I now have five fedora boxes running qmail-toaster, all are stable and
spam free.
Sorry, but I don't believe you ;-D. Such thing as 'SPAM-FREE' is only possible in case current email-protocols will get replaced somehow with more security related ones, with a guaranteed sender authentication.

--
Best regards,
Alexey Loukianov                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]