[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Not a big deal, hope you got what you needed to taken care of.  I just
performed a minimal install of Centos 4.4, downloaded the install scripts
from the QT site, and followed the installation instructions line-by-line.
 Only, I executed each script command by itself to watch, see and learn
from the results.

Got it. Well, in this case I'm isn't the best adviser you may find. I used to build and install QT RPMS myself, slightly modifying them to suit my needs. Installing using scripts it the thing implemented by Eric, and I suppose he can aid you to overcome problems.

As for perl modules and dependencies, all the CentOS 4.x servers I've got has this modules installed:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] DAG]# rpm -qa | grep perl-
perl-URI-1.30-4
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.03-30
perl-libxml-perl-0.07-30
perl-XML-Grove-0.46alpha-27
perl-XML-LibXML-Common-0.13-7
perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1
perl-Bit-Vector-6.3-3
perl-TimeDate-1.16-1.rf
perl-MIME-tools-5.419-1.rf
perl-IO-Zlib-1.04-1.2.el4.rf
perl-Filter-1.30-6
perl-HTML-Parser-3.35-6
perl-XML-Parser-2.34-5
perl-XML-Dumper-0.71-2
perl-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.08-6
perl-XML-SAX-0.12-7
perl-XML-Twig-3.13-6
perl-Crypt-SSLeay-0.51-5
perl-XML-LibXML-1.58-1
perl-DBI-1.40-8
perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-13
perl-DBD-MySQL-2.9004-3.1
perl-Date-Calc-5.3-9
perl-Unicode-String-2.09-1.rf
perl-Convert-Cyrillic-1.05-1.lx2
perl-IO-stringy-2.110-1.rf
perl-MD5-2.03-1.rf
perl-5.8.5-36.RHEL4
perl-Archive-Tar-1.30-1.el4.rf
perl-libwww-perl-5.79-5
perl-XML-Encoding-1.01-26
perl-Convert-ASN1-0.18-3
perl-LDAP-0.31-5
perl-Digest-SHA1-2.07-5
perl-Time-HiRes-1.55-3
perl-Unicode-Map8-0.12-0.rf
perl-Convert-BinHex-1.119-2.rf
perl-MailTools-1.74-1.c4

Most of them are from rpmforge repository, you can learn more about it here: http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B

However, the HTML-Parser issue is really perplexing me. I've looked over
the list, and cannot really find anyone else having this issue (or maybe
everyone just yum'ed it like I did and went on with the install).  Do you
think this is a Centos 4.4 issue?? I'm going to grab a copy of 4.3 and try
again to see if the same type things happen.
I don't thing that this issue is anyhow related with the CentOS 4.x release version. More likely cause is the minor differences in package selection during install of OS. But in any case, it seems to me that install scripts should be smarter and check for required dependencies before starting the build process. IMHO, of course :-),

--
Best regards,
Alexey Loukianov                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]