Today is my day for dealing with stupidity.

First item is my ISP (centurytel) has decided to do header re-writes on
outbound mail.  Every piece of mail leaving my server had the from
address re-wrote to be from my fully qualified server name.  So much for
having virtual domains on my box.  When I called and bitched they stated
it was to cut down on forged spam headers.  I politely explained that
they should implement smtp authentication and to leave my headers alone.
They were clueless.

Fortunately a friend has a server co-located at godaddy.  I setup smtp
authorization on it and I'm back up and running.

The second clueless ISP is Clearwire.

After spending the good part of the weekend trying to figure out why
inbound mail and web were not working I called tech support.  The guy on
the phone told me they block those ports for dynamic IP.  For only $10 a
month more I can get a static IP and they will open up port 25, but not
port 80.

After talking with a supervisor he tells me they wont open the port and
the only people who can authorize it are the network operations center.
He is not allowed to connect me to them or give me the phone number.

I ask him to show me on the website where they state they do any port
blocking.  After fumbling about for 5 minutes he tells me to search for
"legal" and I will find a service agreement that states they have the
right to protect their network.  Clueless.

I'm not letting clearwire off the hook.  They completely misrepresented
the service.