David J. wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I Have run the qtp-newmodel and already got my toaster update, your
> script are running just fine.

Glad to hear that.

> I wonder, the script are doing backup from my old toaster, I he was
> resoring the old version configuration, won't affecting my new Toaster..??

The script gives you the option of restoring the old configuration or not.
There are still a few quirks with a few of the toaster packages regarding
configuration files, but there's no *major* problem that I know of whether
you choose to restore your configs or not.

A recent (1.3.10) release of qmail-toaster introduced the NOP0FCHECK="1"
variable into the tcp.smtp rules. It won't cause a malfunction if you don't
have it, only an annoying log message.

Rule of thumb:
If you run a stock toaster, you should probably not choose to restore the
config files. If you have customized your toaster a great deal, you should
probably choose to do the restore.

I'm thinking that perhaps the default action in qtp-newmodel should be to
not restore configuration files. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

> I have done several check on the wiki about the whole configurations,
> are those wiki update for the lastest one ..?

Unfortunately, the wiki isn't necessarily complete or up to date. It's
getting better though. It's the responsibility of the whole community to
ensure the quality of the wiki. If you know of something that's missing,
please take the time to add it. It will make you feel good. ;)

> If not, what part of the configuration which I have to consider to modify.

That would depend on which version you upgraded from. If you're upgrading
withing the 1.3.n series, you should be ok. I'm not sure about 1.2.n.