----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric "Shubes"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] problems with install

Jim Shupert, Jr. wrote:
I did comment out the line for firewall.sh

#The line below is wrong in the file firewall.sh:
iptables -A INPUT -s $MYIP -i ! lo -j DROP

#Did you really mean to lock out the remote connection for the person using the machine?

#I would recommend something like this in the ssh section (you may want to omit the -i eth0 if you don't want to specify it) and removing the line above entirely:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m cent --set iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -m cent --update --seconds 60 --hitcount 4 -j DROP iptables -A INPUT -s $MYIP/255.255.255.255 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

#

George S