Hello Dan,

On 3/19/07, Dan Page <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've followed the wiki on setting up a ssl certificate with RegisterFly
for use with my toaster.  As of today (3/19/07) RegisterFly is no longer
ICANN certified, and it sounds like they'll be complete shutdown by the
end of the month.  I'm currently switching our certificates to GOdaddy,
(they offer special pricing for people switching from Registerfly)

https://www.godaddy.com/registerfly/ssl

The certs issued by RegisterFly have nothing to do with ICANN as they
are issued by AddTrust via RegisterFly chain. They will work until
they expire. I wouldn't bother moving, just wait till they expire and
renew with whoever is cheapest should RegisterFly die.

If RegisterFly somehow pulls a save, and keeps their SSL Cert's cheap
then there is no reason to avoid them.

I'm just posting here in case anyone else is using a Registerfly cert,
and to let em know to switch somewhere else soon, or the certificate
will not work.  (which in my case brings down apache and thus
squirrelmail)

That's not how SSL works. They will continue to work until expiration.

Have a look at this article for all the details

http://www.bobparsons.com/ByeByeRegisterfly.html

This is just marketing. The domains do need to be moved over, but
notice there is basically just a coupon for the SSL Cert's. No notice
about the SSL cert no longer working.

Thanks,
Erik