No squirrelmail filters in place (didn't even know it had them until today).

I have screenshots of the disappearing e-mails.

When I first logged in: http://georgetoft.com/qmailtoaster/mail1.bmp

About 30 min later: http://georgetoft.com/qmailtoaster/mail2.bmp

See what's different - mail from Nieto Paed and Zion Lewis (just looking quickly) are missing in the second screenshot. I viewed one of them. Never deleted any mail - I only read mail via squirrelmail.

The mails arrived. Squirrelmail saw them. Squirrelmail lost them. My pop3 client retrieved them at 8:57 am (over an hour after they disappeared from squirrelmail). All times on the server and clients are set to America/Phoenix. I checked the pop3 client filters, and they DO NOT delete mail from the server.

I looked on the server this evening. The missing mails are not on the server. The other mails shown in mail2.bmp are still there.

Really weird!

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760

Jake Vickers wrote:
George Toft wrote:

Adding more noise and not enough info . . .

I noticed this also one day when I was using squirrelmail - a bunch of spam showed up (10-15 messages), I read one, clicked on the inbox link, and they we all gone. I did not delete even one - they just went away.

What process would possibly delete mail after they have been delivered?

Squirrelmail filters?