2007/5/1, Ole J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

This applies to standard installation of Centos 5 + xwindows with QT.
As most people and myself was convinced about this matter, is a DNS
problem in a network enviroment like this:

Internet <-> Firewall/Router ( Public IP nat/portforwarding ) <-> QT
server wtih LAN IP ( Non public IP )

Edit the file:
nano /var/qmail/supervise/pop3/run

Add the missing settings after /usrbin/tcpserver, It should look like
this:
#!/bin/sh

PASSPROG="/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw"
HOSTNAME=`hostname --fqdn`
exec /usr/bin/softlimit -m 9000000 \
/usr/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l0 -c 200 0 110 \
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup $HOSTNAME \
$PASSPROG /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

!!! Reboot the server !!!
qmailctl cdb/restart will not do the trix.

Thanks everyone for tips and ideas, not least http://cr.yp.to :)

thanks Ole it works with my qmailtoaster too
I use Mandriva 2007  :)

so who will put this on wiki you or me :)

thanks

regards