Same thing happens on CentOS 4.4 - just found that out last night.

I will be reworking the cnt40-deps.sh scipt later this week to not uninstall mdadm. Hopefully it works.

George Toft, CISSP, MSIS
623-203-1760

Aaron Johnson wrote:
MDADM, the multi-disk administration tool in Centos 5 at least requires Exim. Exim is removed as part of the qmail-toaster install, thus uninstalling mdadm. This isn't so bad if you only have one multi-disk device (/dev/md0) because mdadm is also stored on the initial ramdisk and can load the root file system.

Mdadm being removed during qmail-toaster installation did cause me issues because I have a seperate raid (actually multi-path) disk mounted at /home/vpopmail. My solution was to install mdadm manually. You can get the sources from: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/raid/mdadm/ and it is a pretty straight forward compile/install process.