From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 May 2007 12:49
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: RE: [qmailtoaster] Messages from outside

"So the postmaster addresses work fine from the outside? Then it's a case of
the pointers not working. Someone will have to correct me on this as I
still use and only know the .qmail-username method for all addresses. It
changed somewhere along the line and it seems yours isn't working
correctly."

-->Yes, they worked fine but I don;t use .qmail files for it

"So in other words when it comes time to deliver mail, it looks for a
referance to the user (on my server for instance it would find .qmail-test)
and process accordingly. I believe at some stage this moved from .qmail
files to mysql. That portion is probably where your problem is, but I don't
use it so I can't help.

Were there any .qmail files listed in /home/vpopmail/domains/company.com ?
If there is a .qmail-postmaster in there?"

-->The only .qmail file in /home/vpopmail/domains/company.com was
.qmail-default
with contents:
| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

I think we are reaching somewhere now: The postmaster is the only user that
I didn't create with vadduser , it was created with
vadddomain [EMAIL PROTECTED] password_of_postmaster and it is the only that
works
fine...
The users I created after that with vadduser are the ones that have problem
in locating the maildir.

Regarding mysql I didn't change anything during the install so I don't know
why is this happenning. I did the standard install with the
fdr60-install-script.sh script that I downloaded from
www.qmailtoaster.com...

"Also when you created the .qmail-test file I forgot to mention the
ownership
and permissions. Chances are they are currently root.root

If this is the case, chown vpopmail.vchkpw .qmail-test restart qmail and try
sending to test@ again. "

-->Yes, I did chown vpopmail.vchkpw when I created .qmail-test then reboot
but I had the same error.

  _____

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com