> Thanks for the efforts Jake, and the rest!
>
> The reason I'm looking for QTP is I have the latest QMT installed but the
> Clamd is being a CPU hog.  I saw a reference to a bug and updating to the
> latest Clam cures it.  I have the dev. Version of Clam toaster; 1.3.13.
> I'm
> pretty new to the Linux world so I'm not sure how to handle the upgrade.
> stopped clamd then did an rpm -Uvh clamav-90.3-1.3.13.src.rpm.  It
> returned
> a 100% progress bar looking like it installed, but the version still comes
> back as 90.1.  What am I missing?
>
> I'm also running Symantec SMTP security for the scanning front end on
> separate servers.  When I start pushing mail from that into QMT, I get a
> bunch of errors back in Symantec saying the server temporarily rejected
> the
> message (missing end dot).  Once they start, mail literally dribbles into
> the QMT and I only have a couple small domains pointing to it.  I'm
> thinking
> it's the clam causing this?  I did stop clam but it doesn't seem to slow
> the
> errors so maybe not clam.
>
> Like I said, I'm new to the Linux world.  I am trying to convert to QMT
> after running Merak for about 10yrs.  If I can get this stabilized, I can
> get moving to the migration of about 100 domains and 300 users...  oh
> joy...
>
> Thanks again to all that provide support here.  I'm sure once I get this
> running I'll switch from asking to answering these questions.
>
> Phil

Phil,
  Those .src.rpm files aren't meant to be install directly. If you look at
the main qmailtoaster page and scroll down you will see where they talk
about rebuilding them to fit your distro. This is what happens during
the automated install to all the packages. So, for instance, if you
wanted to upgrade clamav on a CentOS server you would need to first run
this command;

'rpmbuild --rebuild --with cnt40 clamav-90.3-1.3.13.src.rpm'

Then you would change to another directory where you would find the normal
.rpm file;

'cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/'  (again, this is CentOS)

then run your install;

'rpm -Uvh clamav-90.3-1.3.13.rpm'

I would do this after shutting down qmail, then start qmail after

'qmailctl start'

there's another command to make sure the upgraded version of clamav
appears in email headers. I think it's;

'service qmail cdb'

regards,
Chas.