At 08:35 PM 7/11/2007, Adam Cantwell wrote:
Russ Goodwin wrote:
On our old qmail server we allowed users to modify their own white/black lists and SpamAssassin settings... we cobbled together maildrop scripts and a squirrelmail plugin to expose the functionality. I've searched the wiki and list archives, but I can't seem to find directions for doing this the QmailToaster way... I don't want to implement something custom only to have it break if/when we upgrade qmt. Are there directions out there? If you've done it before on qmt, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
-Russ

The way I do it is by using a sql.cf for SpamAssassin, which allows per-user white/black lists, hit count, and subject line to be stored in MySQL.

Then, I use the sasql Squirrelmail plugin which adds black/whitelist links when reading messages, plus an Options page.

This seems to work fairly well. The QMT upgrade process doesn't hose SA, because it backs up the cf files. You may have add the plugin for Squirrelmail again after an upgrade, I can't remember. Even if you do, this is a fairly easy thing to have to fix after an upgrade.

Adam

Thanks Adam, this looks better than our old solution...

I'm trying it now and the only hitch is that SA seems to always think the user is clamav, instead of the actual [EMAIL PROTECTED], thus ignoring the users' preferences.

How'd you get spamd/spamc to see the right user? I looked at simcontrol, but don't see how to change how spamc is called.

The relevant line in my /var/qmail/supervise/spamd/run file reads:
exec /usr/bin/spamd -x -q -u vpopmail -s stderr 2>&1

Thanks.

-Russ