Dan McAllister wrotes:

PS: I have to admit -- I'm getting frustrated with the whole qmail-toaster idea -- being a sys-admin for decades, I'm not used to deploying systems that are "magic boxes" -- I like to know HOW things work (and WHY they work)... but sendmail was a BITCH (always has been), and I was impressed with what other people had said about the toaster. I'm beginning to think I should learn POSTFIX. <sigh> at least then, when things broke, I'd have some better ideas about where to look and what to tweak!

I don't undestand your statements .
Qmailtoaster is a solution to give you a complete mailserver, so you can't compare it to postfix , wich is just an smtp server . You should compare the qmail component of qmailtoaster to postfix or maybe you could compare some other postfix mail based solutions with qmailtoaster , but you will have the same problems you have with the toaster: you must know how to fix single components .

Anyway, if you want to know how the things in qmailtoaster works feel free to download,compile,and configure the following simple components:

1) qmail + patches
2) vpopmail
3) vqadmin
4) clamav
5) spamassassin
6) simscan
7) etc etc etc

Then break it and try to fix .

I've choose qmailtoaster cause i was tired to recompile all the stuff said above .

Just my 2cents .