does this apply to anyone that is running qmailtoaster or anyone that
will be sending e-mail to aol?

On 7/18/07, Jake Vickers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For those that have not noticed, AOL has been rotating the IP addresses
for their MX records on a daily basis.  I think this was due to a
comment made on the Spamassassin mailing list a week or so ago about
doing something similar (and creating false MX entries that point
nowhere) to help fight spam.
Anyway, I use smtproutes to get mail to AOL (they always fail CNAME
lookups here), so you can see where this would get broken in a hurry.  I
whipped up a script that will do a MX dig of the ISP (it's a variable so
you can use it for any ISP, not just AOL), and then replace the old
entry in /var/qmail/control/smtproutes with the new MX lookup.  It
creates a backup of the smtproutes file in the $TMPDIR (/tmp by default)
in case you need to roll it back.  I hope to make this a little more
robust in the future, such as being able to handle multiple ISPs and
such.  If you see anything wrong with the script, please email me
off-list and let me know.
It's been tested on a Cent 4.5 machine.
As always, the file is available from my site, under the Downloads
section (http://v2gnu.com)