From: Dan McAllister [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:43 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] domains were created w GUI not CLI

First rule of computing... (especially software engineering):

If it works... DON'T try to fix it!

As a former software engineer and manager (spent first 8 years of my career
at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station writing Range Safety real-time missile
tracking code) I can tell you from experience that this is a HARD lesson to
learn!

Software updates should be applied ONLY if:
 - You need the new functionality
 - Your old software isn't working
 - You are applying a security patch that fixes a known vulnerability

Software updates should NOT be applied if:
 - The system is working fine as-is
 - The only reason you want to upgrade is to be "at the latest release"

Hence, the reason my high availability servers are still based off of a
Fedora Core 5 install (lots of customization -- but that's where we
started). Could I upgrade to FC6 or Fedora7? Sure... but the "upgrades" are
primarily in the GUI -- which I don't even install on servers! If it ain't
broke (and FC5 is working great for me) then don't fix it!

Just my two-cents worth!

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC

2171 Wrens Way

Clearwater, FL 33764

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free

727-647-7646 In Pinellas

813-464-2093 In Hillsborough

727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended backup solutions...

to protect your business, not just your data!

Jim Shupert, Jr. wrote:

lets say.... I have a friend -
who build a QmailToaster  and he created his domains NOT with the CLI

// example as understand it
// home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain -q 15000000 testdomain.com newdomain

but rather he... used the GUI

http://mailhost.myfriendsdomain.com/mail/vqadmin/toaster.vqadmin

to create his domains ( 5 of them )

What might I advise ' my friend' to do...
come in this weekend and start over?
cross those fingers and hope for the best and watch for...what?  what would
be the problem?

Note ' my firends' email server seems to be operational in all respects and
there is much happness in the kingdom.

thanks,

js