It's possible, but requires lots work. imho.

When i disables mysql and change location for vpopmail in my case, it was lot's
of spec files with mysql require and all of them you must change (in my case
also was some sources changing). Also i don't like vqadmin and etc, so i'am not
using apache and qt rpms that tunes it's config. If i need qmailadmin or
webmail support, I prefer install apache and php by myself.

For the first time of doing this i spent lot's of time, but i'am happy. :)