What hardware are you running on the host?  Intel?  AMD?

Take a look at http://www.vmware.com/community/message.jspa?messageID=475075 for a decent discussion of timekeeping in vmware. I remember coming across articles saying it's much less effective to run ntpd and ntpdate in vmware guests -- the skew can still be hours until the next update. That prompted us to switch from vmware to xen on one of our virtual hosts...

Do you have vmware-tools installed? Have you tried 'clock=pmtmr' or 'clock=pit' at boot?

Does your vmx file specify tools.syncTime = "TRUE"?

Basura basura02-at-contuvieja.com.ar |qmailtoaster/1.0-Allow| wrote:
is ntp deamon installed with the iso dist by default?
if so, how can i tell the deamon to doit every minute?

thanks, I´m really desperate with the vmware server clock issue.

slamp slamp escribió:
well if you are concerned about time and want to update it every
minute why not just run the ntp daemon? thats how i have mine setup.