I added --no-sync to the script and still they were not finishing. It seems that there were just too many files to process, at the moment I changed that it would process the files that were 156 days old, and I am running it manually at the moment, (and is still running) so I am assuming that is because of the huge number of files to process (again I hadn't run something like that before in that server) when it finishes I will run manually sa-learn with --sync. Just to be on the safe side the command should be like this for running sa-learn with --sync:

/usr/bin/perl -T -w /usr/bin/sa-learn --sync
?
Or it has to be called in a different way.
I will keep you posted.

Jake Vickers wrote:
Guillermo Villasana wrote:
Hi guys, well, I had to remove the qtp-clean-spam script forn the cron because it was consuming all my cpu... I saw around 117 instances of the qtp-clean-script running after 2 days. I asume they were not finishing and that is why they are blocking the system... could it also be that some users have a lot of old spam? as I had never run sa-learn before in that server? Oh I had added the --no-sync to sa-learn and addend a --sync script for every day

also when I used the ps xa I saw that qtp-clean-script had a lot of ????, I forgot to copy a line... sorry just seemd to me odd that the command line had so many ????
Thanks again

Sounds like they were not finishing. Try modifying the script (it was located in /etc/cron.hourly) and changing the sa-learn line to include the --no-sync option (it uses the default, which is to sync).
I'
I'll change the next release to wait until everything has been learned to sync.