I need to send out using a central server. I've set up tcp.smtp to allow a
full private net but machines on that net still can't send out using the QMT
machine?

Here is the error. (domain.com replaces real name)

2007-11-05 21:31:16.914013500 CHKUSER rejected sender: from
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]::> remote <compdev.domain.com:unknown:192.168.1.58>
rcpt <> : invalid sender MX domain

Why would an MX record be used internally? When I check from DNS-STUFF for
example, my MX's show up just fine.

PS: It is also not 100% clear to me if my defaulthost and defaultdomain files
should have anything in them. For example, one QMT server handles a number of
domains while another handles only one domain. Neither has these files filled
in based on something I read. Can someone enlighten me on this.

Thanks.

Mike