From: Jake Vickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:11 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] amount of retries

Kyle Quillen wrote:

Hello all,

I am looking for the file that tells the mail server how many times to retry
sending an email before it gives up.  I know the queue lifetime but I am not
sure where that retry number is.

I am still working on issues with yahoo.com emails.  I have done everything
on the list and can send to some and then cannot send to some yahoo.com
addresses.  So I have resorted to google and am coming up with a million
things.

It will attempt to retry every 5 seconds until
/var/qmail/control/queuelifetime is exceeded, providing the remote server
answers.