[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Greetings,

I'm seeing clamav sitting at the top of the process table on my RHEL 4 based toaster:

PID   USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
25685 clamav    16   0  155m  53m  920 S  198  1.3  68:03.72 clamd

Can anyone comment on what might be provoking this?

This is on a box-stock toaster install.

198% CPU? Wow. Never seen that one before.
clamav will check it's database every hour (default, changeable in the config) which I've noticed will eat the CPU for 3-12 minutes depending on the CPU every hour. Is it an hourly thing, or an all the time thing? Have you added any extra defs?