From: "Phil Leinhauser" [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:45:19 -0500
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] invalid sender address format

I have a customer trying to get announcement emails from one of his suppliers.  The Emails are
being bounced back to the sender and the SMTP log on my end shows "invalid sender address
format".  The first part of the sender address is CHVAC&RApplicationEngineering-RACIWI
 I'm not sure what the invalid part is.  Is it the & or the - or the whole length?

Anything I can do to allow these?  I already added the domain to the whitelist
before I tracked it to the address itself.

Thanks,
Phil

some older example

The easy way:

 rpm -Uvh qmail-toaster*.src.rpm

 cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS (assuming you are using CentOS 4)

 edit qmail-toaster.spec

 find 'sleep 5'  (should be line 606)

 change  5 to 300 (5 seconds to 300 seconds)

 rpmbuild -bb --with cnt40 qmail-toaster.spec

 When the build process pauses, make your changes. You have 5 minutes.

 edit /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/qmail-1.03/chkuser_settings.h as you wish

 Save your changes and wait for the 300 seconds to expire and
 watch it build.

 cd ../RPMS/i386/

 qmailctl stop

 rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs qmail-*.rpm

 qmailctl start