> building everything on a P3-500Mhz and a P3-700Mhz that I have to share
> 256M of RAM between.  Even my desktop is out in the living room right
> now acting as a MythTV box until I fix my other one so I can't even run
> VMWare.

Jake,

Some of my work includes clustered computers so I have all of these blade
servers. Right now, I have several 850Mhz/512MB blades sitting idle. I could
dedicate one (or two) for you if you'd care to remotely access them for your
work.
All you would need is a fixed IP so that I can give you ssh/web/what ever you
need access to if you're interested. These blades run Linux wonderfully,
plenty fast for this type of development.

Mike