I'm running about 10 domains so it isn't an option. The problem is I have a billing system which provisions all my accounts so I have to write scripts which fire when people add/change accounts. I need to be able to change a user's password from a script, but I can't even do it from the command line. Anyone seen this problem? Is the actuall user or postmaster the only one allowed to change the password? I would think as root or su the script whould fire.

Cameron
To: <qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] vpasswd Illegal Username

i typically use qmailadmin for stuff like this but I believe you dont need the @domain.com bit at the end. If your running 1 domain it assumes, if you have multiple then i believe you use that. try it without the @domain.com.

Glen V
Quoting Cameron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm having an issue when trying to change a user's password from the command line. I'm logged in as root and when I type:

 vpasswd [EMAIL PROTECTED] newpassword

I get ERROR: Illegal Username. Anywone know why?

Cameron