Eric "Shubes" wrote:
Dan McAllister wrote:
The problem can be seen from the "qmlog imap4-ssl | tail", which appears as:
01-28 20:43:50 /usr/bin/couriertls: error while loading shared libraries:
libkrb5support.so.0: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot
allocate memory

The system runs with 2.0 GB of ram, and being a good sysadm, the swap
space is an equaly spacious 2.0 GB. (In other words, I believe there is a
problem in the allocation routine, or in the library itself -- because
there is PLENTY of memory (real and virtual) available.

Any ideas???
Try increasing the softlimit in the /var/qmail/supervise/imap4-ssl/run file,
especially if you have a x86_64 system. I think you'll need to stop then
start (not restart) qmail after changing this.

You are BRILLIANT! (I had forgotten that there were softlimits placed on all of the supervised processes!) I upped the softlimit by 50% (from 24M to 36M) and it now works flawlessly again.

Thanks a million (or 12M) to Eric for the fine push in the right direction!

Dan