An additional note: If your client sends from a particular e-mail address, you /CAN/ add his domain to a "whitelist" in the spamdyke config. (If he's got a static IP address, it's safer to use that than the domain name).

NOTE: In the below examples, I have installed the spamdyke config files at /var/qmail/control/spamdyke/

The file for listing the IP address is defined in the file:
 /var/qmail/control/spamdyke/spamdyke.conf
and by default would be:
 /var/qmail/control/spamdyke/whitelist_ip
The entry to unblock your client would look like:
 10.20.30.40
 50.60.70.80
That is, one IP per line

To whitelist particular senders (my first, but less "secure" suggestion), ADD the following line to your spamdyke.conf file:
 sender-whitelist-file=/var/qmail/spamdyke/whitelist_sender
Next, create the file you just referenced and add lines like the following:
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
That is, one address per line

I hope this helps.... someone!

Dan

Daniel McAllister, President

IT4SOHO, LLC
224 - 13th Avenue N
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

877-IT4SOHO: Toll Free
727-647-7646 In Pinellas
813-464-2093 In Hillsborough
727-507-9435 Fax Only

"When did you do your last backup?"

Ask me about unattended offsite backup solutions...
to protect your business, not just your data!

Jake Vickers wrote:
Marco Strambino wrote:
Hi list!

I found very interesting the idea of a spamkiller box suggested last week, so I intalled a qmt-iso 1.4.0 and compiled just rcpthosts and smtproutes, as
suggested by Dan.
Now a customer claims that his messages are rejected by my server. I checked
in *ALL* log files in /var/log/qmail/* and there's no trace of him.
Maybe could be a problem he has with RBL (as default I have zen.spamhaus.org
configured).
The question is: if a message is rejected by RBL check is logged anywhere ? And, is there a sort of whitelist domain based for skipping RBL check ?

His IP address will be logged as flagging spamhaus in the SMTP logs - no more information is really logged if I remember right. Spamhaus blocks dynamic IP addresses, so any of your customers that use a cable modem, DSL, or dial-up will be denied.