  From: Jake Vickers
  To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
  Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 3:05 PM
  Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Limit smtp connections

  German Molano & Asociados wrote:
    Hi there, My question is...  there is any setting to limit incoming
conections to smtp per IP basis? or smtp connections per IP/hour basis? is that
posible ?

    thanks for your help
  You can limit the total number of SMTP connections by adjusting
concurrencyremote (details on the wiki).
  As for limiting per IP, that can easily be done through the firewall. This,
for example, will limit an IP to no more than 10 connections in a 60 second
timeframe:
  -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 25 -m state --state NEW -m recent
--update --seconds 60 --hitcount 10 --name DEFAULT --rsource -j DROP
  -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 25 -m state --state NEW -m recent
--set --name DEFAULT --rsource