From: Eric Shubert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:28 PM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] Well, It was good for a day..

Kevin Katz wrote:
> Sorry Folks,
>       I thought I had it, now it's not working again. I can tell you that
> this IS an issue with Yahoo defering mail, once I had a valid DomainKey,
> they accepted my mail right off;
>
> Eric, can you point me in the right direction on getting this fixed, I
will
> be glad to help if I can. As far as I can tell, this is something that we
do
> need working.
>
> Kevin

I'll try. FWIW, this is TTBOMK, and is not necessarily 100% conclusive. It's
what I recall from working with it some time ago.

DK signing (outbound) in the toaster works properly AFAIK.

The bit you discovered about special characters is interesting. It *might*
only apply to djbdns though. My public domain key has a slash (/) in it, and
I have no problems with yahoo. However, I route mail to yahoo through
dyndns's mailhop outbound service, so that might have some effect.

DK checking (incoming) in the toaster is hit and miss. Sometimes it appears
 to work ok, but other times it reports bad keys inappropriately (when the
key is valid). I've seen this behavior with some messages from the QMT list.
It also does not honor the testing (t=y) parameter at all.

FWIW, I do use DK signatures, but that is all. I do not use DK verification,
since it isn't reliable.

In addition to all that, I'm not aware of any problem with SpamAssassin's DK
(or DKIM for that matter) rules. You simply need to have the modules
installed for the related scoring to take place.

HTH