This is not a QMail specific question, but I was hoping someone on the list
could give me some insight.

I am blocking (firewall) a network from access to port 25 of our network,
with an "icmp-admin-prohibited" icmp response.

How does and/or should a smtpd handle this? The reason I'm asking, is after
I firewalled this network, I'm now getting

connection attempts from them every 5 seconds or so for a half of an hour or
more at a time and from multiple mail servers

on this network..if one can't connect, then the next one gives it a shot.

You guys are all great!

Thank you

Kevin