I host a tiny ezmlm list (100 subscribers) and several members have asked why they're getting messages from the list saying messages have been bouncing and if they continue to bounce they'll be removed from the list. A few weeks ago I discovered that yahoo has been deferring emails to the list due to user complaints. It doesn't seem to happen when I send an email to a single yahoo user, just list-related.

Now it has come to my attention that aol is bouncing emails to the list due to user complaints or too much email. One bounce was dated April 12. This is a very low volume list.

A few days ago I started getting duplicate emails. I've read some threads on that and RAM seems to be a culprit. I have not upgraded lately and memory levels have been pretty consistent for some time. Never been a problem in the past year.

Also two days ago logwatch reported yum updates/installs/uninstalls of packages and I did not initiate this activity. That has me thinking hacker.

I know this is a fruit salad of issues but I'm including them in case they could be related.

Any advice on how to approach these problems and in what order would be appreciated.

John