Jim Bassett wrote:

> # uname -a
> Linux server1.example.com 2.6.9-22.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Jan 17 06:12:06
> CST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> # rpm -qa | grep kernel
> kernel-2.6.9-22.EL
> kernel-utils-2.4-13.1.69
> kernel-smp-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL
> kernel-smp-2.6.9-22.EL
> kernel-smp-devel-2.6.9-67.0.7.EL
> kernel-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL

The development package version needs to match the current running kernel.
The qtp-mount-sandbox script appears to need a little work yet in this area.
I it apparently assumes that you're running the most recent kernel.

In order to use the unionfs, you'll need to either:
.) install the kernel-smp-devel-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL package (which matches your
running kernel)
.) upgrade your kernel to 2.6.9-67.0.7.EL and reboot (which matches your
kernel-smp-dev package)
.) wait for a fix, but that could be a while.

> I tried qtp-newmodel again with a unioned sandbox and it failed in
> exactly the same way. Then I did qtp-newmodel again, this time with a
> linked sandbox. This got much further but then failed when trying to
> update some perl stuff:
>
> Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/man/man3/MIME::Base64.3pm.gz
> from install of perl-MIME-Base64-3.07-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from
> package perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4
>   file /usr/share/man/man3/MIME::QuotedPrint.3pm.gz from install of
> perl-MIME-Base64-3.07-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package
> perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4
>   file /usr/share/man/man3/DB_File.3pm.gz from install of
> perl-DB_File-1.817-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package
> perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4
> qtp-newmodel - installation of dependent packages failed, exiting

I'm afraid you'll need to get the perl dependencies sorted out on your own.
qtp-newmodel attempts to install perl modules that the latest SpamAssassin
uses, but it's not very smart about it. That would take some significant
work to do.