dnk wrote:
No, it does not.

When I went through the initial install on that box, the vpopmail user
and the vchkpd were not found and I had to add them manually.

I was actually hunting through those files as I read this.....

Testing it now......

Common with Cent5; the uid/gid 89:89 is already in use so vpopmail can't use it. If you look into the restore script you'll see a section that deals with the newu command. Vpopmail expects to use uid/gid 89:89 and that will be where your problem came in.