Raj wrote:
patch to prevent domains not-existing on my server from relaying thru my
server.

a) i had a client who purchased a email hosting from me : domain1.com he
created an [EMAIL PROTECTED]

b) now using the SMTP authentication information for the above he also
sends/relays emails from [EMAIL PROTECTED] which he has Not Hosted on my
server. ie he sends email using the from id as [EMAIL PROTECTED] with SMTP
auth as [EMAIL PROTECTED]

c) this is a misuse of my email server which i want to prevent by ensuring
that when an user SMTP authenticates as [EMAIL PROTECTED] then domain1.com
should exist on the server. ie "from emailid" should be
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

i plan to patch qmail toaster for the above.

as far as i think there should not be any problem.

can other experienced people give a thought to this requirement and let me
know of the possible problems i may face / care to be taken.

There is not a patch to do this that I know of.
Are you the same user contacting me off-list for this same patch?
Things to look out for would be to not stop users from sending to outside domains (relaying). I still also don't see how you would get around the user changing their reply-to address - while writing a patch to do the above would stop them sending email as domain2 through their domain1 account, if they change their reply-to address the end recipient would still be replying to the domain2 address anyway (and only see the reply-to address in their message unless they look at the headers). End result is still the same.